Monday, August 24, 2009

Grocery Store Conversations!

After school today, Daniel. Katie Beth, and I were at the grocery store to get milk. As we were walking down the frozen food aisle, Katie Beth asks me where she was born? I am not sure what prompted this, but oh well, I'll play along! I tell her that she was born in Missouri. "Oh" she says. I wonder what my birthmother's house looks like? I tell her that I honestly don't know. By now we have made it to the express checkout, but there appears to be nothing express about our conversation. Katie Beth then goes on to ask if she has any brothers or sisters? Once again I tell her I don't know, but that her brother is standing right next to her!! By now, Daniel wants in on the action. He wants to know if they are going to want Katie Beth back? I am not sure if this was out of concern or if it was hopeful thinking? I quickly respond that Katie Beth is our family and here to stay. I think it is funny, because Daniel didn't ask about his birthfamily. I finally say to him, "You do know that you are adopted too?" We have always talked about it, but at this moment in Hy-vee, I wasn't quite sure. You just never know what conversations might be prompted by a trip to the grocery store! I just love how their little minds work!






Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!