Friday, September 18, 2009

Ecuador
I am headed to Ecuador tomorrow. I love going and I love the work we do there, but I also hate leaving my family!!! The children that we perform eye surgery on are adorable and their parents are so appreciative. It is amazing to see how far parents will travel and how long parents and children will wait for us to see them. The children don't have tons of electronics or even toys to entertain them, but no one complains or becomes irrate with us that we are making them wait. It is definetely a change from the patients we see here in Missouri!

Daniel and katie Beth have had a great week. They had their yearly check-ups at the doctor's office and he said that they were great! Daniel was is the 80th% for height and the 75th% for weight. Katie Beth came in a little lower, she was in the 10th% for height and the 25th% for weight. For all of you that know Katie Beth this is probably not a big surprise! The funniest thing was that she asked the doctor, "Are you saying that I am short?" I don't know where she has been, but she is by far not tall!!

Please remember us as we travel. I will not have a computer for the next week, so I will try to post some pictures from Ecuador when I get home next week. Have a great week!







Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. That is too funny that she said that! Have a safe trip...can't wait to hear about it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!