Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The First Day of School!




Yesterday was the first day of school. I can hardly believe that we are already to this point in the year!!!! I can also hardly believe that we have a 5th grader and a 3rd grader. Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday that I was a nervous nellie about sending my oldest child to Kindergarten. I missed both of my children so much yesterday, but my house is looking a lot cleaner!
Daniel loved the first day of 5th grade. He especially loves that he will not be doing any book reports this year! He has had his fill of those over the last 2 years. He will have to construct an Indian village and read at least 18 novels. He is more than willing to read since it doesn't involve a book report. Daniel's teacher is also a huge Jayhawk fan. We think she is wonderful already!
Katie Beth also loved the first day of 3rd grade. She will be doing many book reports in the form of projects this year. We have 16 to do total this year, which works out to about a project due every other Friday. This will be Mama and Daddy's third time to go through the 3rd grade! The book projects require a whole lot of parent work as well! The one thing that we do know is that Katie Beth has an amazing 3rd grade teacher, who does wonderful things with her classroom children!
This is Daniel's last year in elementary school. I am one sad Mama! My children won't be in the same school again until Daniel's senior year in high school. I find that very sad to think about. Katie Beth has always had big brother to help her, but now she will blazing her own trail. If anyone can do it, she is the girl!
Hopefully the second day is as wonderful as the first!




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!